The Newman Block on North Park Street is the scene of an unidentified celebration. Flags and streamers hang from the open windows. A cannon sits on planks extended from the center window on the second floor. The businesses advertised on signs and awnings include George S. Harris, stoves and ranges; Charles L. Irwin, drugs, John W. Wagner, hardware and Connolly and Laser, attorneys. All these businesses were present at the opening of the building in 1885 or 86.
Theodore H. Campbell
Mansfield, Richland County, Ohio
Theodore H. Campbell, “Newman Building,” The Sherman Room Archives, accessed March 21, 2023, https://shermanroom.omeka.net/items/show/459.