First United Methodist Church

firstumeth_2.jpg

Dublin Core

Title

First United Methodist Church

Subject

Description

First United Methodist Church, dedicated on July 3, 1870, cost $33,000 to build. The structure was brick with a spire stretching 170 feet into the sky. The structure was 108 feet in length and 50 feet in width. Much of the finishing and plastering work done inside the church was completed by Mansfield citizen E. D. Lindsey. This church served the congregation until 1906 when the entire building was renovated. The old spire in the center of the church was removed and a tower was constructed on the southwest corner. The red brick was encased in Sandusky limestone and the structure was enlarged to 136 by 60 feet.

Creator

Unknown

Publisher

Unknown

Date

Unknown

Rights

http://rightsstatements.org/vocab/NoC-US/1.0/

Format

JPG

Language

English

Type

Image

Comments

Collection

Citation

Unknown, “First United Methodist Church,” The Sherman Room Archives, accessed May 26, 2024, https://shermanroom.omeka.net/items/show/1027.