Browse Items (54 total)

  • Tags: Churches

First United Methodist Church

firstumeth_2.jpg
First United Methodist Church, dedicated on July 3, 1870, cost $33,000 to build. The structure was brick with a spire stretching 170 feet into the sky. The structure was 108 feet in length and 50 feet in width. Much of the finishing and plastering…

First Methodist Episcopal Church, Mansfield, O

PC-341.jpg
Also known as First United Methodist Church located at N. Diamond and Park Ave. East.

Tags:

Richland County Court House, Mansfield, Ohio

PC-310.jpg
The Richland County Court House taken from South Park Street. The Court House sits on the corner of Diamond St. and Park Avenue East. Across Park Avenue East is First United Methodist Church.

Marion Avenue and Park Ave, West, Mansfield, Ohio

PC-229.jpg
View looking down Marion Avenue from Park Avenue West. St. Luke's Church sits at the point and a streetcar is visible on Park Avenue West.

St. Luke's Lutheran Church - Mansfield

Library Document Station_7 - Copy.jpg
Image from Art Work of Richland And Crawford Counties, published by The W. H. Parish Publishing Co. (1894) of St. Luke's Lutheran Church located at 229 Park Avenue West.

Christian Church, Mansfield, Ohio

PC-188.jpg
Formerly known as the Disciples of Christ Church. Located at 52 W. Fourth Street.

Tags:

Central Methodist Church, Mansfield, O.

PC-185.jpg
The cornerstone of the Central Methodist Church was laid in 1907 on the homestead grounds of John Sherman. Located at 378 Park Ave. West, it was constructed of limestone on the Old English style of architecture. The Church was formed in 1905 with 127…

Central Methodist Church, Mansfield, Ohio

PC-184.jpg
The cornerstone of the Central Methodist Church was laid in 1907 on the homestead grounds of John Sherman. Located at 378 Park Ave. West, it was constructed of limestone on the Old English style of architecture. The Church was formed in 1905 with 127…

First M. E. Church

PC-182.jpg
Also known as First United Methodist Church located at N. Diamond and Park Ave. East.

Central M. E. Church, Mansfield, Ohio

PC-180.jpg
The cornerstone of the Central Methodist Church was laid in 1907 on the homestead grounds of John Sherman. Located at 378 Park Ave. West, it was constructed of limestone on the Old English style of architecture. The Church was formed in 1905 with 127…